Do you have a number of individually approved components that you wish to market as one product?
You can apply directly to WRAS if you wish to;
- combine an assembly of a number of approved components, where no additional testing is required, under a single approval, or,
- add models where the only changes are cosmetic (where the only changes, do not affect water water pathway. e.g. change of surface finish or operating members.)
To obtain a component approval the following requirements need to be met:
- The declared components all have a valid WRAS approval
- The declared components match the original approval and have not been modified. (Cosmetic changes e.g. surface finish or operating members are permitted)
- Marking of the components matches the original approvals
- All items in the water pathway are covered by an approval
- No additional testing is required
What are the benefits ?
- No requirement for repeat testing
- Faster approval process
- More direct communication
- One approval number covers an assembly of products
How much will it cost?
- A component approval assessment will cost £420 plus VAT per application.
- This will be paid directly to WRAS without the need for additional testing fees.
How do I apply for a component approval?
If you would like to take advantage of this service you can apply to email@example.com Please provide the following information:
- Completed F2 application form & Schedule of material
- Drawings of the product
Forms can be downloaded from the download section here.
What happens next?
- Review your application and confirm no additional testing is required.
- Issue proforma invoice information
- Request samples for inspection (these can be collected following inspection)
- Process the application providing feedback directly to the applicant or their agent